During the monsoons, irrespective of our hair texture, we ladies need to take extra care of our tresses. This season, stay on top of your hair care regime with these insider tips that will ensure you’ll look flawless, come rain or shine!
1. Always be armed: Carry a tiny comb in your bag to stay clear of the tangles caused by all that wind! Curly girls can opt for a wide tooth teasing brush in wood. Other hair care essentials that you must keep with you at all times are serum: to tame fly away strands of hair, an umbrella: the easiest way to manage your hair is by not letting it get wet in the 1st place.
2. Wash it off: Ensure you’re not just letting your hair air dry when you get wet, you need to wash and condition it in order to prevent the pollutants in the rain water from making your hair limp, dull and prone to breakage. This also prevents dandruff and fungal infections from getting worse.
3. Invest in your hair: This is the season to go ahead and indulge your hair in that moisturizing treatment, or Hair Spa you’ve wanted. Stay clear from all chemical straightening and perms at all cost, your hair is under enough stress as it is and using harsh chemicals, curling irons and tongs will just make things worse.
4. Say hello to the saviour of your hair, Argan Oil: It’s a rage for all the right reasons, Argan Oil a.k.a Moroccan Oil is a must have haircare ingredient for all girls, it’s the ultimate super food for your hair that nourishes, protects and helps decrease hair fall. So, get yourself a bottle and say goodbye to being frazzled by frizz!
5. Don’t get all tied up: You might get tempted to tie your wet hair into a bun to get it off your face, but you must be strong. Tying a bun will only increase hair breakage and prevent your hair from drying out, thus making your scalp a breeding ground for bacteria. You’re better off letting your hair breathe in a loose pony tail.
6. Hide it in style: When you’ve tried everything and your hair still cries in dis-tress, there’s only one thing you can do: make the best of a bad hair day! Luckily for us, Sports Luxe is the flavour du jour and no one is going to judge us for throwing on a trendy cap.
Content courtesy : Farozan Dossani